Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2014

       So a few days ago I was careening along the interstate on the back of a bus bound for New York City. Looking out the window, I realized that story and poem prompts were passing me by one after another. I wondered what stories might lurk in the snippets I saw. At the rate of 70 MPH there wasn't much I could do with them, but scribble them down to share with you later.

       Here are a few. See what you can do with them. I would love to publish a few of your responses here. ...

~ A dreary and dilapidated three story tenement with a shiny yellow kayak standing on the saggy top back porch.
~ A commercial warehouse with an enormous pile of bicycle wheels on the roof.
~ A small white porcelain vanity sink tossed at the foot of a stand of maple trees just at the peak of their autumnal perfection.
~ A skinny little man sporting a ZZ Top beard, deftly maneuvering an eighteen wheeler through traffic. The lettering on the truck indicates that it is filled with craft beer. Or is it empty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting.